AIDA/Web app server 5.4 released
AIDA/Web 5.4 is here, on Squeak and VisualWorks simultaneously while Dolphin and Smalltalk/X ports are coming soon.
What is new in 5.4?
- more robust and seamless Ajax support, you won't even notice that you are doing Ajax!
- input streaming (for large file uploads) and output streaming/chunking (for large file downloads and HTTP streaming/Comet)
- WebGrid ajaxified filters
- better real-time statistics including referrers
- better integration of the TinyMCE Rich Text Editor
- tabulation with ENTER key besides TAB one
- reorganization of packages
You are invited to try Aida, just follow download and installation instructions at http://www.aidaweb.si/download.html.
For additional questions and suggestions please join a mailing list at: ttp://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida .
To introduce it a bit: AIDA/Web is a web application server and framework for building complex web applications with seamlessly integrated Ajax support, rich collection of web components to build web pages programatically, MVC-like separation of presentation from domain, nice looking and bookmarkable RESTfull url links, with integrated security, user and group management, static file serving and many more.
AIDA/Web is known by its simplicity but power to build most demanding web applications of many sorts. It has everything you need for a real web app, together with Ajax.
It is also a mature one, running web apps in production since 1996. It is used in many intranet business apps from Gas billing system for all gas in Slovenia to logistics management system called e-logis and recently a CMS like system for Quality and Business process management.
I hope that Smalltalkers will find Aida useful and a good choice for building your most demanding web applications!